Antiquing is the BEST Therapy EVER!

6.08.2011

Some of you will know exactly what I mean when I say, "antiquing is great therapy!" My friend, Beth, lives about 3 hours from me but we do our best to get together at least once a month to "play"! We both love "antiquing" and "junking"! In fact, we love doing all the same things...no wonder we get along so well together! This last outing was the best day ever when we discovered The Depot at Gibson Mill in Concord, NC. With 85,000 square feet and 460 booths, they we are the largest antique and designer mall in the South.

As you can see by this first picture...The Depot had us at the front entrance with these amazing "repurposed" items made into fun planters!

One was an old sewing machine that was transformed into this great planter! The other was a vintage piece of red luggage that was made into this amazing fun planter!































































How cute is the little red wagon that Beth found for $12.00? You will now find it in her yard full of beautiful flowers!


The last picture is a great old wooden box that we found at The Depot. It is now a great planter in the yard full of flowers!

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

4 Comments »

This entry was posted on 6.08.2011. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

4 Responses to “Antiquing is the BEST Therapy EVER!”

  1. I just love the idea of turning something unexpected into a planter! I will have to incorporate this into my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is already on my list of places to go. We rode by the last time we were in the area, but it wasn't during their open hours. Next time we will plan more carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK back again. I love everything I see and your two furbabies! I have three Yorkies. We have a lot in common.
    Still snooping!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! I read all of them and I promise to reply! :-)