My Kitchen Farm Table Is No Longer Boring!

1.16.2012

We have had this kitchen farm table for about 8 years and I must say, it has been a great table. The bench is the most popular place to sit by everyone at our house! Although, I love the style of our kitchen table I have grown tired of the boring brown. When I become bored with furniture...I usually move it to a different room if possible or I paint it which makes it seem brand new to me! After becoming very tired of my kitchen table I decided it was time for some color!!

BEFORE

BEFORE


I first applied a light green tinted primer
by Behr Paint.
I had read a clever tip when painting legs of furniture you should elevate them which makes it easier! This is a great tip! I used 4 bed boosters that I had bought for my sons bed but never used.


I applied the primer to the legs of the table
and the bench.
I found it easiest to turn the bench upside down.

After the primer had dried (about 1 hour) I then applied an olive green paint color that
I loved by Behr Paint.


My last step was to apply a brown "wash" over the entire areas that I had painted green. I just used some old brown paint leftover from another project. I put a small amount in a tupperware container and added water. I used a brush to lightly coat the brown "wash" over the green then I used a wet rag to buff over the "wash" until I got the look I was looking for. When applying the "wash" I did this in small sections at a time because the "wash" dries quickly.
I love the distressed look; therefore, a "wash" is the best way to get this look!







I love the way my table and bench turned out! The entire project took about 4 hours! Amazing what a little bit of paint can do!!


I am linking up to:



share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

8 Comments »

This entry was posted on 1.16.2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

8 Responses to “My Kitchen Farm Table Is No Longer Boring!”

  1. .Love the apple green! Looks like a whole new table, Rhona.
    Have an awesome day ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it! Thanks for the inspiration...I've been thinking about painting mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful transformation! I happen to love that color and have some splashes of it in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,Rhonda, oh your table and bench turned out so nice. Love the olive color. Thanks for coming by & leaving a note. I took at look at the Waynesville snow pics & wow, how pretty it was. It is so picturesque up there, we really enjoyed our girl's weekend. You come from a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! your table and bench are beautiful! the before and after shots showcase that!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is great to see you here. I've missed you.

    Your table makeover looks awesome. I have one in our breakfast room that I would like to give a makeover, but my husband cringes every time I mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really looks amazing! Great transformation. Very clever idea about using the bed risers -- keeps the mess off the floor and saves your back! Thanks for sharing.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! I read all of them and I promise to reply! :-)