My "Dream" Laundry Room

6.09.2012


When we bought this house the laundry room was just about the worst 
I had ever seen. I did not want to even be in this room. 
I had big dreams for this room.  

~~~AFTER~~~

BEFORE

Years ago I had replaced the flooring with ceramic tile so there was no need to rip this out but everything else came out! All the plumbing had to be relocated because of the new arrangement of my appliances.  Also additional electrical work had to be done.  I also opted for a gas dryer which I had never had before; therefore, the gas lines had to be installed by a licensed person. 

A platform was built to get my washer & dryer 
off the floor so I could store my 
clothes baskets under it. 
I store so much under this platform. 




I found this old bird cage while out "antiquing"/"thrifting" with my friend, Beth. It cost me $5

 I also found this old brass light in an antique store for $5


I found this medailion in a junk pile in my garage. 

I went to Home Depot and picked a turquoise color that I thought would work well.

 I painted the entire birdcage and the medallion in about 10 minutes.


Then I was ready to hang it!!  I love it!

I made this little curtain for about $15 in 15 minutes. It hides all my junk in the cabinet.



This wooden vintage rooster canister set belonged to my Grandmother who passed away a couple of years ago. After painting it, it now serves as storage in my laundry room.

I keep my detergent in the largest canister.




Having this shelf up next to the ceiling  has given me more storage and a place for decor.  The yellow and turquoise baskets all came from the Dollar Store.
Obviously, I had my contractor do some "fancy" trim work on the walls using bead board and a lot of molding. 




How to hide an UGLY fuse box:

Behind this wooden cross panel is my fuse box.  I found this wooden cross panel at Hobby Lobby.  When I bought it...it was brown in color.  I painted it and added hinges on the backside.  I LOVE it and no one would ever know whats behind it!








Since the fuse box could not be moved...there was no reason it had to be an eyesore in the room!




I found this sign at Marshall's Homegoods that really spoke to me.  The minute I saw it...I knew it would look great with fabric placed on the back side to give the letters some color.







I love it....what a difference the fabric made!

















Not only is Mama happy with her new laundry room but so is Buddy! This is his new favorite place to hang out.  He barks for me to lift him onto the washer & dryer!






The yellow paint used on the walls:
Home Depot Behr Paint:  Wildflower Honey (350B-6) (Satin)

For my red cabinets I used some leftover paint from my red front doors.
Sherwin-Williams: 1011-3 Quite Red (Gloss)

I am linking up to:
tatertots & jello
The 36th Avenue
Savvy Southern Style
By Stephanie Lynn
If It's Not Baroque Blog
504 Main
It's Over Flowing
Debbie Debbie Dos
Whipper Berry
Fox Hollow Cottage
My Repurposed Life
DIY Showoff
Classy Clutter
Reasons To Skip The Homework
Natasha In Oz
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Southern Hospitality
The Thrifty Groove
My Romantic Home
Primp Junktion
Between Naps of the Porch 
The Shabby Nest
Beverly's Pink Saturday
A Stroll Thru Life
Alderberry Hill
Serenity Now
By Stephanie Lynn
Be Different Act Normal
Making The World Cuter
ClassyClutter
In The Old Road
It's Overflowing
If It's Not Bargoque




share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

52 Comments »

This entry was posted on 6.09.2012 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

52 Responses to “My "Dream" Laundry Room”

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! I love it.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Beverly, I am so behind on replying to my comments, please forgive me!! As always, you are such a doll to drop by and leave sweet compliments!!! You know I met you because of my dear friend, Rhondi. She told me all about you and encouraged me to start blogging and participate in your PINK Saturday's!!! We need to get Ms. Rhondi back to blogging!:-)
      ~~~rhonda~~~

      Delete
  2. That light is amazing, clever & beautiful all rolled up into one! There is no way anyone could hate doing laundry in that cheerful room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, I am playing catch up on replying to my comments on my blog. Sorry for the delay. Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving such a sweet compliment!
      ~~~rhonda~~~

      Delete
  3. You have great ideas :) New to your blog, and I'm so glad I stumbled upon it!

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi, I am so behind on replying to my comments on my blog, please forgive me!! Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and leaving such a nice compliment!
      ~~~rhonda~~~~

      Delete
  4. Love it! Especially the blue color. Thanks for sharing, im a new follower and would love if you followed me at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so behind on replying to my comments, please forgive me!! Thanks for dropping by...I will definitely drop by your blog and follow!!!
      ~~~~rhonda~~~~

      Delete
  5. SUPER CUTE! Crossing my fingers you'll share at my party! Saturdays at Seven!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aimee, I am so behind on replying to my comments, please forgive me!! Thank you so much for dropping by! I am headed to your blog now!!! :-)
      ~~~rhonda~~~

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I am so behind on replying to my comments, please forgive me!! Thank you for dropping and commenting!
      ~~~rhonda~~~

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I am so behind on replying to my comments, please forgive me!! Thank you for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment!!
      ~~~rhonda~~~

      Delete
  8. Your birdcage chandy is perfect for your fabulously adorable laundry room! I love your pretty colors! I'm your newest fan! Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com any time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly, I am so behind on replying to my comments on my blog, please forgive me! Thank you so much for dropping by to check out my newly remodeled laundry room. Doing laundry is much easier in a room this fun! I am headed to check out your blog now!
      Hugs!
      ~~~rhonda ~~~

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for joining in with my Say G'Day party, Rhonda. I just featured this post in my Friday Features today.

    You did a great job!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natasha, I'm so behind on replying to my blog comments! Thank you so much for dropping by and especially thank you for featuring me on your blog!! You are a doll!!
      ~~~rhonda~~~~

      Delete
  10. Sweet laundry room. I love the light fixture!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail, thank you for dropping by to see my newly remodeled laundry room! Also thank you for the nice compliments!
      ~~~rhonda~~~

      Delete
  11. Great looking laundry!! Love the colours you've used :)
    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pernilla from Australia!!!! Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a nice compliment!!!

      ~~~rhonda~~~

      Delete
  12. Very nice You are very creative I love the light I have want to do a cage, but did not know about the light and now I know Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by to see my laundry room and leaving a sweet compliment! Let me know if you make yourself a bird cage light...it was SO easy!

      ~~~rhonda~~~

      Delete
  13. What a great space- love the colors and attention to detail!

    Thanks for sharing...

    Happy Pink Saturday !
    gena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gena, thanks for dropping by to see my laundry and leaving a sweet compliment!
      ~~~rhonda~~~

      Delete
  14. You have done a great job transforming you laundry room into a fun and festive place! Love the colors- so cheerful. Hiding the fuse box with the cross was a great idea also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Ellen, thanks for dropping by to check out my laundry room! Also thanks for the sweet compliments!
      rhonda :-)

      Delete
  15. Such gorgeous pink post! Late visit from Pink Saturday, been buys but don't want to miss the PINK party so here I am catching up.

    My PINK, please come by when you get a chance. Have a great week ahead!

    PS.. Now following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I will also pay you a visit!
      rhonda :-)

      Delete
  16. It looks amazing!How did you do the cream wall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! The cream colored wall was done by a contractor. I just explained to him what I wanted and he took it from there. I requested molding with bead board.
      rhonda :-)

      Delete
  17. Good job, like it very much!

    Visiting for Pink Saturday- hope you can stop by..

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/07/pink-backpack.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!
      rhonda :-)

      Delete
  18. I had to come by and see your laundry room! It takes a lot of work doesn't it! I will be so excited to see the end! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.
    Hugs,
    Bj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BJ...thanks for stopping by!
      rhonda :-)

      Delete
  19. Wow, what a transformation. I love it. Such a wonderful and cheerful place. Your storage ideas are all fabulous. Love it all. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marty, Thanks for stopping and the nice compliments!
      Rhonda :-)

      Delete
  20. I love how it turned out! And the colors!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think your laundry room might even motivate this hater of laundry to get to work! Great use of color and I love the blend of red and aqua, daring and unexpected :)

    Hugs, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya, Glad to hear I might have motivated you!! :-) It took me a couple of years to finally redo mine. I agree my colors are very daring...I was somewhat scared as I was painting it but once it was finished I LOVED the colors!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      rhonda :-)

      Delete
  22. I love it! Now there's a colorful fun space to do laundry. Love the light fixture and the sign. Great job. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! I'm seeing so many CUTE laundry room redo's that I just have to put mine on the list soon! After I finish the other gazillion projects! Never thought about using canisters til now, so I'll be scrounging garage sales and thrift stores for some. And you're right - the fabric behind the sign changes everything. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Rhonda, I am new to your blog and just about died when I saw your 'fall front porch'. So perfect in every way!! Coming in close second was this darling laundry room. We are building right now, and I love the idea of your w/d platform. I have one worry though - does it make your washer and dryer louder to have it on a wood platform like that? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your laundry change is wonderful and so colorful. You have given me some ideas on hiding a few things in my laundry area.

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just stopping by to invite you to my link party. I would love it if you would link up your laundry room. It looks fantastic. Great job.

    http://www.ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Rhonda,

    I just found your blog through Overflowing with Creativity :)

    Your laundry room is wonderful! I LOVE all the colors! I think my absolute favorite parts are the birdcage light and the electrical panel door. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

    Lani
    SimplyFreshVintage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lani, Thanks for dropping by and the sweet compliments!

      Delete
  28. WOW! I love the hidden fuse box! I want to that for mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily,
      That fuse box cover was so easy to make...I figured I was going to have to make a custom door for it. So when I found that cross one at Hobby Lobby I was so happy! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  29. Gorgeous! So many great DIY ideas. What fun colors too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! I read all of them and I promise to reply! :-)