Who Knew Something So Ugly Could Turnout So Gorgeous!

2.23.2013

 Occasionally you meet someone that will change your live forever.  That person for me is my dear friend, Beth Chapman.  Not only and I am blessed with her friendship but I am always amazed at her gifted talent of painting.  Beth is not your average painter.  She can take the ugliest furniture, walls, ceilings, etc...and turn them into a masterpiece.  She has a God given natural talent to paint but she also has been professionally trained under the world known 
Martin Alan Hirsch of Decorative Finishes Studio.
  Beth has been painting as long as I have known her.  She was faux painting way before it was "cool".  Over the years she painted countless projects for me.  I plan to share a few of these on my blog.

Check out the transformation of this red chest of drawers she spotted at a Goodwill.  

BEFORE
































 Annie Sloan's Robins Egg Blue Chalk Paint. 
 Annie Sloan's Brown Wax was added to give it the antiqued distressed look.  


Clemson, SC 



More work by Beth:

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

7 Comments »

This entry was posted on 2.23.2013 and is filed under ,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

7 Responses to “Who Knew Something So Ugly Could Turnout So Gorgeous!”

  1. Wow your friend beth is so talented. I love the end result. She has a real eye seeing all that potential in the red chest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Beth is so talented. I cannot wait to feature her on so many other projects she has helped me with over the years. Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the transformation Beth did on this piece. So good of you to share your friend's talent with us all. Blessings, Patti@OldThingsNew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great refurb!
    Jillian- PS if you have a moment, I'd love to invite you to the giveaway we're hosting for a $50.00 giftcard from Shabby Apple!
    http://epic-thread.blogspot.com/2013/03/shabby-apple-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Rhonda. You are the one that is a blessing to me. If it were possible to have a "twin" without being blood kin, we would be. I love you more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thank you all for your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! I read all of them and I promise to reply! :-)